Friends said they enjoyed my Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream recipe, so here’s another quick-n-easy dairy-free ice cream. It’s crazy simple and very tasty.
I decided to make this because experience told me that a single shot of alcohol would keep the watery fruit from freezing solid, and rum naturally belongs in a piña colada, so perfect! This recipe stays smooth and scoop-able in my freezer. Sorry, it won’t make you tipsy, as there’s very little rum in a serving.
Makes one quart.
Piña Colada Ice Cream
- 13.5 ounce can of Coconut Milk.
- 20 ounce can of Pineapple Chunks, drained of excess liquid. (The juice is tasty, so use it in a smoothy or just drink it.)
- 1 shot Rum (You can skip the rum, or use a half tsp of rum extract, but your ice cream will be harder.)
- Place all ingredients in the blender and liquefy. You can taste it at this point and add extra sweetener if you wish, but I didn't feel it needed any.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and follow the instructions to churn and freeze.
- Enjoy.(If you skipped the rum you will likely need to microwave it for 30 seconds at a time multiple times until it smoothly scoops.)